The Standard Solid Cat is a cat breed introduced by the Nintendogs + Cats Club Kennel.
3DS: "This well-proportioned kitten is healthy and playful -- and not fussy about its owner."
This breed is basically a standard shorthair, and it comes in solid colors yellow, gray, orange, white, and black depending on the breed (see below). The colors come in different shades, so the player may find a dark gray kitten or what appears to be a silver kitten. The cats of this breed may come in a regular cat build or a shorter-legged somewhat smaller variant reminiscent of the munchkin cat. (see below)
A pure white cat with blue eyes, or even one blue eye, is exponentially more likely to be born deaf. If the cat has only one blue eye and is born with deafness, it will only be born deaf on the side that the blue eye is on.
The primary breeds in Nintendogs + Cats may be Standard, Oriental Shorthair, and Longhair, but there are secondary breeds (breeds combined to form one breed of cat).
- Munchkin (http://animal.discovery.com/videos/cats-101-munchkin.html)
- Russian Blue (http://animal.discovery.com/videos/cats-101-russian-blue.html)
- Abyssinian (http://animal.discovery.com/videos/cats-101-abyssinian.html)
- Bombay (http://animal.discovery.com/videos/cats-101-bombay.html)
- Singapura (http://animal.discovery.com/videos/cats-101-singapura.html)